All about

Court of Protection

The Court of Protection is there to look after the legal welfare of those who can no longer look after themselves.

When a person becomes mentally incapable, and they have not appointed someone to look after their affairs. This is done by means of a Lasting (or an Enduring) Power of Attorney. As a result an application must be made to the Court for someone to be appointed as that person’s deputy.

A deputy is someone appointed by the Court. Most often this is a family member. Their role is to look after the affairs of a person who is no longer able to, due to mental incapacity.

This is why Attwaters Accident’s Wills, Trusts & Probate team is here.

We pledge to provide every client with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of advising our clients on Court of Protection work, including applications to the Court for Statutory Wills, lifetime gift orders and special needs trusts.

Moreover, if someone else has taken over the management of your loved ones affairs and is acting inappropriately, you can rely upon our Wills, Trusts & Probate team to advise you on the options available to rescue any situation.

Allowing us to offer some practical solutions now may well help you avoid potentially expensive and distressing problems later.

Attwaters Accident’s Elderly Client Services specialists are available in all our offices and can arrange to visit you if preferred.

Attwaters Accidents is the Personal Injury and medical negligence department of the trusted, long-established firm Attwaters Jameson Hill.

If you would like to find out more about our specialist lawyers and solicitors please take a look at our team pages. You can find our Medical Negligence Team here> and our Personal Injury Team here>.



Call us to start your claim

Call us now to start your claim and speak to a friendly advisor.

020 38 710 110

Start your claim online

Email us now to start your claim or fill in our online contact form.

What our clients say