Our website uses cookies in order to provide you with the best browsing experience. By using this website you agree to this usage of cookies.
Learn more about cookies


It seems you’re using an Internet Explorer browser. Due to Microsoft ending its support for this browser, this website does not support Internet Explorer. To make sure you have the best user experience on this website, Attwaters Accidents advises you to view the site on a different and up to date browser. Thank you.

Continue to site

Call us now to start your claim:

020 38 710 110

We are experts in –

Accidents in Public Places Claims

The law protects you from being injured in a public place. It requires a local authority, private landowner or occupier to have proper regard for your safety when you use their premises or land (in some circumstances even if you are unwittingly trespassing).

Special care must be given to children who come onto the land or use the premises.

Public places include streets, highways, shops, shopping centres, parks, playgrounds, schools, other education establishments, pubs, nightclubs, hotels, sports stadiums, holiday parks, railway lines, railway stations, your neighbours’ property – the list is endless.

Attwaters team of specialists in accident in public places claims are ready to help you get the maximum compensation possible in your claim.

Common accidents include tripping on uneven or broken paving, stepping into a pothole, tripping on an object protruding from the ground or slipping on a wet floor or produce in a shop or cafe, pub or nightclub.

If you have been injured in a public place because the land or premises were dangerous, we are here to help.

Reporting Your Accident

Accidents in public places claims have much more chance of success if, together, we can provide really good evidence. Where possible, take photographs of the place where you were injured, showing evidence of the hazard that caused your injury.

If you tripped over an object or paving, or fell because of stepping into a pothole, please record the measurement of the depth of the trip or hole and take a photograph showing the measurement. If you do not have a tape measure, use something identifiable such as a 50 pence piece. Make sure you take the photo from an angle that shows the depth of the trip or hole.

You should report the accident to the landowner at the earliest opportunity and contact a trusted legal claims specialist without delay.

You can trust us to work for you. But don’t take our word for it – take a look at our many successful personal injury claims. See just how good we are:

What our clients say

This is why the Personal Injury team at Attwaters Accidents are here for you.

We pledge to provide you with outstanding personal service and communication, unrivalled industry knowledge and a proven track record of successfully achieving compensation for clients who have made claims resulting from an accident in a public place.

Whenever possible we seek to obtain an interim payment from the responsible party’s insurers to assist with any financial hardship you have been caused and to pay for treatment privately. Attwaters Accidents is the personal injury department of the trusted, long-established firm Attwaters Jameson Hill.

If you think you may have grounds for a claim, Attwaters Accidents offer you a jargon-free consultation and assessment free of charge. So please don’t delay, call or email us now for free specialist advice and NO WIN NO FEE representation.

Call us to start your claim

Call us now to start your claim and speak to a friendly advisor.

020 38 710 110

Start your claim online

Email us now to start your claim or fill in our online contact form.



Awards and Accolades